This week The Stamp Review Crew is reviewing one of my favorite stamp sets. I love all things nautical. My children always had some kind of nautical outfit when they were babies and toddlers. They looked adorable in their white knee socks and saddle oxfords. But I've digressed! The Open Sea was a must have for me when it first came out. Lately it's been left on the shelf but that's changed today.
You've probably stopped here from the blog of Mary Rindal at Scrap and Stamp With Mary. Weren't her cards awesome this week? I hope you'll stay "the course" and hop full circle with us today as we review The Open Sea! If you find yourself "off course" you will find a full list of hoppers at the end of this post.
I decided to do a Open Sea gift ensemble today. I've mentioned before that I like to pack little surprises in my husband's luggage when he travels. This will be great for that very thing. I used the Tag a Bag Gift Bags and a tutorial from Stampin' Up's 2013 Convention (Opening Session 2013 on YouTube) and converted it to a gusseted bag so it will stand. Then I made a cute little banner closure for it using Open Sea to stamp the banner. An anchor, to place on the Cherry Cobbler heart, was embossed in Pewter Embossing Powder before cutting it out. This was really simple to do. I'll probably put some (matching but don't tell) red Twizzler's in there for him. He loves those and I don't! Here's a picture of just the bag.
I kept the card really simple by embossing only the ship in Cherry Cobbler in one corner of a 3/12" x 5" Crumb Cake note card. To be consistent with the chevrons on the bag I used the Tape It set to stamp a "piece" of Washi Tape onto the card. It was embossed in Whisper White. I also used the Treat Bags to cut a liner for the envelope. Actually, I got two of them from one treat bag since the envelope is note card size. Now I have one to put up for another day. You'll see the lined envelope in the first picture. I stamped the other side of the envelope with the compass stamp. Here's a more up close and personal view of the card and envelope.
Next on the hop you will be sailing on to the blog of Lisa Young at Add Ink and Stamp. Enjoy cruising along the hop today!
- Heidi Baks runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
- Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
- Tanya Boser tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
- Mike Funke stampin-style.typepad.com/
- Shana Gaff stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
- Holly Krautkremer rubberredneck.typepad.com
- Yapha Mason yaphamason.com
- Mary Rindal maryrindal.com/
- Dawn Tidd tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
- Lisa Young addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/
- Kerry Willard Bray kerrywillardbray.com
- Paula Wright paulastamps.blogspot.com/
- Rita Wright ritascreations.blogspot.com/
- Jill Coleman jillstamps.com/
- Betty Traciak kittystamps.blogspot.com
Stampin' Up! Supplies: